[Most Recent Entries]
Monday, November 6th, 2006
I stumbled across this on Julia Sevin's page </a></b></a>julia_sevin and thought that it looked fun, so I created my own list. I'm not sure why the original list is 16 movies, but I did a list of 20. With Thanksgiving coming up, I started with my favorite Thanksgiving quote. Have fun.
The Movie Meme
20 movies that you have actually seen all of and liked.
B. Pick a quote from each movie.
C. Post the quotes in your journal.
D. Have those on your friends list try to guess what the movie is without googling.
E. Strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified and place the guesser’s username directly after the quote.My quotes:
1) "Dear Lord, thank you for this Thanksgiving holiday. And for all the material possessions we have and enjoy. And for letting us white people kill all the Indians and steal their tribal lands. And stuff ourselves like pigs, even though children in Asia are being napalmed.
"First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. </a></b></a>trollpete
"She's my sister...She's my daughter...My sister, my daughter!" </strike></a></b></a>ravenelectrick
4) "May be innocent, may be sweet... ain't half as nice as rotting meat."
5) "I would be remiss in my duty if I did not tell you that the idea of intercourse - the act of your firm, young body... comingling with... withered flesh... sagging breasts... and flabby buttocks... makes me want to vomit."
6) "I was married for four years, and pretended to be happy; and I had six years of analysis, and pretended to be sane. My husband ran off with his boyfriend, and I had an affair with my analyst, who told me I was the worst lay he'd ever had."
"I was thrown out of N.Y.U. my freshman year for cheating on my metaphysics final, you know. I looked within the soul of the boy sitting next to me." </a></b></a>ravenelectrick
"A naked American man stole my balloons.
9) "All my life I had to fight. I had to fight my daddy. I had to fight my uncles. I had to fight my brothers. A girl child ain't safe in a family of men, but I ain't never thought I'd have to fight in my own house!"
"That's twice this month you've slipped deadly nightshade into my tea and run off."</a></b></a>trollpete
11) "You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair."
12) "Awful things happen in every apartment house."
13) "Our apartment was so small, that mother made me play in the oven."
14) "You know what I think? I think that we're all in our private traps, clamped in them, and none of us can ever get out. We scratch and we claw, but only at the air, only at each other, and for all of it, we never budge an inch."
15) "I'd like the coffin to be white, and I want it specially lined with satin. White... or pink. Maybe red! Bright flaming red! Let's make it gay!"
16) "God Damn! We just had a near-life experience, fellas!"
17) "Oppenheimer was able to change more than the course of a war. He changed the entire course of human history. Is it wrong to hold on to that kind of hope?"
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." </a></b></a>ravenelectrick
19) "THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm!"
20) "I'm going to The Fourth World... it's sort of like heaven. Only better, because there aren't any Christians!"